Tuesday 9 September 2008

My Cornhill diary 03 08.09.2008

Continued from My Cornhill diary 02 19.08.2008

Monday 08 September 2008 - Ben drove my paintings and me to Cornhill Walk for a 7am get-in. Security guard Ian was on hand to let us in. Fay was my first paying customer and I told her I'd put HER on the NPP blog. She said she wasn't keen on having her photo taken. I said if she looked and didn't like, I'd remove the photo. I think she looks terrific...


The Eastern Daily Times or Mercury or a paper from Archant Publishing turned up this afternoon. They were expecting 'artist painting live' except I hadn't started; still setting up and talking to people. The reporter Will, who seemed pretty uninterested and in a rush to be elsewhere, asked if I could throw some paint on a canvas for a picture. I politely declined - he has no idea how polite I was. The vibe at Cornhill feels really positive. Turkish girl working as an au pair in Bury St. Edmunds. We spoke Turkish and she understood me!

Tuesday 09 September 2008 - This is for all those who have spare time at work and spend it checking the NPP blog - Becky!! Thanks for the lift home.
This is the view from my desk at the gig looking out toward the front entrance...

Early afternoon, began work on St. (N)Edmund...

14.14hr I put my first paint to canvas in the UK since being back...


A lady visited recommending I check out Maya, an artist at the Cambridge Community Project in Mill Road. I've Googled it, but nothing specific has turned up.
Sad news. Witold is in West Suffolk Hospital. He's 88, survived 5 WWII concentration camps and attended my last Coney Weston NPP gig 3 times. Get better young man!!

Wednesday 10 September 2008 - Roy turned up offering to help out. He'd printed of little hand-out adverts...


Cheers Roy!

Another Turkish girl, another Turkish conversation with Sevgi; which means 'love'...


The latest stage of 'St. Edmund'...


Phil, a photographer from Archant Publishing turned up, Will, a photographer from The Bury Free Press came along and later this afternoon Lindsey from the BFP came to interview me.
Simon Buck dropped by and suggested I check out Arts Council East, so I am...
http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/regions/contactus.php?rid=1
Today the cyclotron licked off. I'll post the BBC version...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7604293.stm
plus my friend, Loonyone's version...
http://hands-on-cern.physto.se/ani/acc_lhc_atlas/lhc_atlas.swf
L1 was probably the only Turk I knew who was aware and waited for this moment for many years. The problem is 'they' know much much more. This is just for the newspapers. The science 'they' know is so far beyond this. Who are 'they'? I don't know, but common sense tells me 'they' must be.

Acquired a car, a Ford KA and drove for the first time in some years. Perhaps I'll take a photo at some point.

Thursday 11 September 2008 - 7th anniversary of 9/11. 'They' know who did it and common sense tells me it wasn't 19 Muslims with box cutters. Just as a reminder for all of you to 'wake up', here's the 16th interview of Larry Sinclair with Jeff Rense...
http://rense.gsradio.net:8080/rense/special/rense_L_Sinclair_090308.mp3

At Cornhill a student knocked over 2 glass framed Rainbow Bridge posters. Money down the drain. Nevermind. Mr. Terry May pointed out that Monroe is spelt Monroe and not Munroe. I hadn't realised and thank you Terry. Having a few conversations with younger people about painting prices and how expensive mine are. It's an interesting subject and the funny thing is I deem the prices of my original work very low. As for cards and posters at 50p and £1 - incredible bargain. This is Felix below who turns up everyday to collect Rainbow Bridge stickers. Goodness where he's sticking them, but good for you Felix!...


This is the latest stage of 'St. Edmund'...


Tonight on ITV they showed highlights of last night's football game Croatia 1-4 England. At 0-3 they went to commercials; actually cutting into the flow of the play. We have become American commercial morons! To make matters worse English players Terry and then James feigned injuries when neither were barely touched if at all. Ponces. They are so typical of today's highly paid ponce footballers. Walcott was wonderful. Wenger remains a bastion of common sense within the game; within the world. It continues to baffle that no one of weight is calling the shots on the false flag operation that was 9/11 and I detest highly paid ponces feigning injury while playing my beloved professional game of football. How much money does a man require to kick a ball and not moan and groan at any opportunity?
And while I'm about it, the US Republican VP candidate had given her first major solo TV interview. What does she support? Israel and God of course! Even French President Sarkozy is talking up religion in 'secular' France...
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSLA8675520080910

Friday 12 September 2008 - The Bury Free Press published an article on p.5...

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/Albert-and-Marilyn-fascinate-shoppers.4483196.jp

St. 'N'Edmund latest...


Sunday 14 September 2008 - yesterday Beth from King Edwards School helped me for the day...

Some of the staff from the neighbouring shops posed with me for a photo...

I worked on...




That was all from yesterday, Saturday, as Arsenal won 0-4 at Blackburn. Yeah! A comment: the current fashion of wearing one's jeans half-way down one's backside is ridiculous. It looks ridiculous as does face jewellery such as pieces of metal pierced through eyebrows looks ridiculous. Maybe I've just alienated some customers, but there we have it. Stop folks! It looks ridiculous.

Ed the security guard goes on holiday next week so I won't see him again this time round - cheers Ed! Ian's back on duty tomorrow. This is the state of play end of Sunday...


Go to My Cornhill diary 04 15.09.2008